Street sweeping parking enforcement is currently suspended.
Street sweeping parking enforcement will resume on Monday, July 6, 2020. Please help us by working to keep a clear path for the sweeper, as street sweeping is essential to our community’s health, safety, and storm/stormwater management.
For information on street sweeping schedules, review the street sweeping map (PDF). For questions or inquiries about street sweeping citations, please contact the Signal Hill Police Department at 562-989-7200.
The City of Signal Hill contracts with CR&R for street sweeping services. A comprehensive street sweeping program assists the City in complying with the requirements of the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit by removing pollutants, debris and sediments on the City streets which otherwise might enter the storm drain system. Water entering the storm drain system goes directly to our creeks, rivers, lakes, and beaches. You can help to keep our waters clean by not leaving trash, yard waste or leaves in the street and/or gutters. Leaves and other yard waste should be disposed of properly. If necessary, please notify your landscape services company of this requirement. Street sweepers will not collect piles of leaves or green waste intentionally left in the gutter.
Please keep the following guidelines in mind for street sweeping service:
- Please move all vehicles off the street during the times/days posted for street sweeping.
- Please ensure all trash containers and recreational items such as basketball hoops are removed from the gutter area on your service day.
- Don’t rake or blow leaves/grass into the gutter or streets. Instead place them inside of your automated green waste container to be picked up on your scheduled collection day.
Services are not performed on the following holidays. If your sweeping day falls on any of the holidays mentioned, you will be swept on your next regularly scheduled sweeping day.
- New Year’s Day - January 1
- Memorial Day - Last Monday in May
- Independence Day - Observed Friday, July 3, 2020
- Labor Day - First Monday in September
- Thanksgiving Day - Fourth Thursday in November
- Christmas Day - December 25
Street sweeping will continue to occur on the following City holidays, however we will not be enforcing street sweeping parking. Please do your best to provide a clear path for the street sweeper on these holidays.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - Third Monday in January
- Presidents Day - Third Monday in February
- Veterans’ Day - November 11
- Friday after Thanksgiving
Sweeping operations may not occur during inclement weather (e.g. heavy rain and high winds). Please call (877) 944-4716 on inclement weather days to receive updated information.