Who should I call for bee problems?

The City of Signal Hill does not handle calls regarding bees or their removal. If you have a problem with bees, do not attempt to kill or remove the bees yourself.

  • For Africanized honey bee information, call 800-233-9279.
  • For honey bee swarms or nests inside or on a structure, check for local pest control for a licensed control operator. Only a licensed pest control operator can kill bees in or on a structure.
  • For honey bee swarms or nests outside and not on a structure, contact the Department of Health & Human Services at 562-570-4132.
  • For stinging incidents (victim involved), call 9-1-1.

Show All Answers

1. I see someone with a dog who is not picking up the dog's waste. What can I do?
2. Am I allowed to breed my dog or cat in Signal Hill?
3. How many pets can I have at my residence?
4. My neighbor has pets in her yard and does not clean up after them. What can I do?
5. How do I get a license for my dog?
6. I have a problem with barking dogs. What can I do?
7. Who should I call for bee problems?
8. My neighbor leaves his dog tied up to a tree all day / night long and the dog howls, whines, and barks. What can I do?
9. Where can I allow my dog to play off leash?