- Police Department
- Divisions and Bureaus
- Administrative Division
- Concealed Weapons Permit
Concealed Weapons Permit
The Signal Hill Police Department will accept CCW license applications from City of Signal Hill residents through a third-party provider. A CCW License allows qualified individuals to carry an approved, concealed firearm on their person for the purpose of self-protection. The CCW license process takes approximately 1-4 months to complete. CCW licenses are valid for two years from the date of issuance.
The Signal Hill Police Department is pleased to assist with this voluntary service to the citizens of Signal Hill as a tool for personal protection with the overall goal of increased public safety.
In order to qualify for a CCW license, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a resident of the City of Signal Hill (Penal Code § 26150 & Penal Code § 26155).
- Be at least 21 years of age (Penal Code § 29610).
- Fully complete an application that will include substantial personal information—much of which may be subject to public access under the Public Records Act.
- Be free from criminal convictions that would disqualify the applicant from carrying a firearm. For more information, see the Firearms Prohibiting Categories document (PDF).
- Be of good moral character (Penal Code § 26150 & Penal Code § 26155).
- Show good cause for the issuance of the license (Penal Code § 26150 & Penal Code § 26155).
- Pay all associated application fees (fees will not be refunded if the application is denied). Click here for a list of the Administrative and Processing Fees
- Provide proof of ownership and registration of any firearm associated with the license.
- Be free from any psychological conditions that might make the applicant unsuitable for carrying a firearm (Penal Code § 26190).
- Complete required training (Penal Code § 26165).
Any CCW license may be immediately revoked by the Chief of Police for any of the following reasons:
- The licensee has violated any of the restrictions or conditions placed upon the license.
- The licensee becomes psychologically unsuitable to carry a firearm.
- The licensee is determined to be within a prohibited class described in Penal Code § 29800, Penal Code § 29900, Welfare and Institutions Code § 8100, Welfare and Institutions Code § 8103 or any state or federal law.
- The licensee engages in any conduct which involves a lack of good moral character or that might otherwise remove the good cause for the original issuance of the license.
- Apply online through MyCCW.us
- Complete the California DOJ Application, also available through MyCCW.us
- Initial review of the application by a background investigator (completed within 7-10 business days).
- Interview with a background investigator and a review of required documents.
- Criminal history check through LiveScan fingerprinting.
- Thorough background check.
- Psychological Review.
- Completion of an approved CCW Firearm Safety Course and Weapon(s) Qualification.
- Final review and issuance of CCW license.
By clicking the link below, I am acknowledging that I have read the information regarding the Signal Hill Police Department's Concealed Carry Weapon's Program and that I further acknowledge that MyCCW is a private third party vendor who will be processing my application for a CCW under the Beaumont Police Department's CCW Program.
The authority to issue a limited CCW business license to a non-resident applicant is granted only to the Sheriff of the county in which the applicant works. The chief of a municipal police department may not issue limited CCW business licenses (Penal Code § 26150).
Those interested in a limited CCW business license should contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
By clicking the link below, I am acknowledging that I have read the information regarding the Signal Hill Police Department's Concealed Carry Weapon's Program and that I further acknowledge that MyCCW is a private third-party vendor who will be processing my application for a CCW under the Signal Hill Police Department's CCW Program.