Ryan Agbayani 562-989-7341
Colleen Doan 562-989-7344
Scott Charney 562-989-7343
Director of Community Development
2175 Cherry Avenue
Monday - Thursday
7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Planning Services implements the goals, policies, and objectives of the community as established in the General Plan
and Zoning Ordinance. This includes:
- Making recommendations to the Planning Commission and City Council on updates and amendments to the General Plan and Zoning Ordinance
- Performing environmental reviews consistent with the provisions of the California Environmental Quality Act
- Reviewing and approving applications not subject to discretionary review by the Planning Commission or City Council
- Reviewing and making recommendations to the Planning Commission and City Council regarding development applications
A Neighbor's Guide to Development
Check out "A Neighbor's Guide to Development", a guide created by City planners to provide Signal Hill residents and property owners an overview of the planning process for any new development in the City.
Permit Review -
Permit files are available for review during the business hours (see column on the right side of page).
Parking Flyer -
Some ideas for parking options.
Thinking Green -
The following resources provide information about green building:
The City of Signal Hill has partnered with the Gateway Cities Council of Governments to offer the “Site Prospector” website. Site Prospector is an online database that enables prospective business owners, manufacturers, developers, real estate agents, and others to search for available office, industrial, retail or vacant site locations in Signal Hill. Below is a list of sample sites for sale or lease:
For a snapshot of Signal Hill demographic information, please select the Population and Demographics tab at the upper left of this page.
- Hathaway Business Center
- Signal Hill Business Park
- Towne Center Office Park
- Walnut Business Center
- Walnut Avenue Business Park
Site Prospector also offers tools such as heat maps, layers and various demographic reports such as labor force, education levels and consumer spending for site specific locations or the City as a whole.
Please contact the Community Development Department for further information.